Co-creating sustainable demand-driven services in Europe
Urban environments are accelerating their transformation to become cleaner, friendlier places able to respect and use resources more efficiently. Across Europe, cities are blending social, technical and engineering excellence, smart technologies, digital innovation and social entrepreneurship to help reach these goals. The IRIS project - Integrated and Replicable solutions for co-creation In Sustainable cities - is at the forefront of this change, as the newest addition to the European Commission Smart Cities and Communities (SCC) lighthouse projects. IRIS aims to accelerate entire communities to adopt ambitious energy, mobility and ICT initiatives.
IRIS will harness user-demand driven energy and mobility services; encourage more collaborative and effective urban planning and governance; as well as validate business modeling and technical innovations to fuel smart sustainable city aspirations across the continent.
The project is executed by an ambitious consortium consisting of the following partners:
- Utrecht (NL): Municipality of Utrecht (Project Coordinator), housing corporation Bo-Ex, Utrecht Sustainability Institute / Utrecht University, LomboXnet, ENECO, University of the Arts (HKU), STEDIN, Qbuzz, Civity and KPN.
- Gothenburg (SE): Municipality of Gothenburg, Johanneberg Science Park, Chalmers University of Technology, Metry, HSB, Riksbyggen, Akademiska Hus, Trivector Traffic and Tyréns.
- Nice (FR): Métropole Nice Côte d'Azur, University of Nice Sopha Antipolis, Electricité de France (EDF), Electricité Reseau Distribution France (Enedis), Centre Scientifique et Technique du Bâtiment (CSTB), Veolia Environnement, Côte d'Azur Habitat, NEXIMMO 96 and VU LOG.
- Vaasa (FI) with Merinova Technology centre and University of Vaasa.
- Alexandroupolis (GR) with Energyhive energy and natural resources cluster of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace.
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife (ES) with Sustainable Building Cluster (CCS).
- Focsani (RO) with Polytechnic University of Bucharest and National Research and Development Institute for Energy (ICEMENERG).
- Centre for Research & Technology Hellas (CERTH - GR), IMCG (SE), European Science and Communication Institute (ESCI - DE), Civity (NL), University of Brussels (VUB - BE) and RISE Research Institutes of Sweden (SE).
Horizon2020 - Smart Cities and Communities (Lighthouse projects)
2017 - now